Mr LDN

One has to admire the sheer, unadulterated optimism of modern commerce. Starting off my security checks on the platform, I spotted a gloriously bold sticker affixed to a rather miserable piece of infrastructure, courtesy of a local drug trading entrepreneur operating under the splendid moniker of Mr LDN.


It is a tragedy of community collapse, I suppose, but the entrepreneurial spirit on display was undeniably impressive. We have moved beyond the era of sketchy transactions in damp alleyways. Our local purveyor of illicit joy has gone fully corporate, complete with a QR code promising service that is "one tap away". It even featured delightful little snowflake and mushroom icons, presenting narcotics with the whimsical branding of a boutique bakery. A very London approach to business, really.

I stood there, beautifully confused by this digital revolution. Does one scan it for a loyalty scheme? Are there seasonal offers? Will a polite constable simply use their smartphone to arrange an exceedingly convenient arrest?

One suspects Mr LDN's business model is not built for longevity, but for now the 24/7 hustle remains very much alive. I continued onward, carrying a profound mix of irony and reluctant admiration for this digital-first approach to street pharmacy.

Progress, apparently.

Comments

Popular Posts