Subterranean Sizzler: The Micro-Gourmet World of the £1.50 Burger
The Rustlers burger. For years, I observed them languishing in the supermarket fridge, a gastronomic enigma encased in plastic. The whole concept felt deeply, beautifully confusing. Why would anyone microwave a burger? Then arrived a fateful, tragic afternoon underground when I forgot my lunch and was forced to scavenge the local Tesco Metro for emergency sustenance. Reader, I capitulated. And a new ritual was born.
Let us be completely honest: they are not the finest burgers to have ever graced this glorious planet. However, with the proper, almost artistic preparation, they become a spectacular triumph of engineering. The secret lies in ignoring the instructions entirely. One must heat the patty under the grill and pop the bun in the toaster to avoid a damp, soggy disaster. Classic Rustlers move.
Of course, the included processed cheese and mystery sauce require a bit of elevated assistance. Any self-respecting flâneur must supply their own sophisticated condiments; I often bring a few rogue gherkins from home to add a touch of high-society crunch to the proceedings.
Do I find it deeply worrying that a complete meat-adjacent feast costs a mere £1.50? Immensely. It is a financial and culinary mystery that I try not to ponder too deeply whilst chewing. But as an occasional, subterranean treat, they are absolutely alright in my book. Delightfully.



Comments
Post a Comment