Bon Voyage
My eldest daughter was recently made redundant, which is never an easy thing to go through, especially after working full-time since the day she left college.
But rather than immediately diving back into job applications and LinkedIn-induced despair, she’s decided to do something far more exciting: go and see a bit of the world.
Over the next few months she’ll be travelling through Vietnam, Laos, and Malaysia before finishing up in Bali, where her boyfriend will be joining her for a couple of weeks. Frankly, it sounds significantly more appealing than commuting on the District Line.
As a parent, I seem to be experiencing three emotions simultaneously: nervousness, excitement, and extreme jealousy. Mostly jealousy when I’m standing on a rain-soaked platform while she’s probably drinking something out of a coconut somewhere in Southeast Asia.
Still, I’m incredibly proud of her for being brave enough to take the leap and embrace the adventure.


Comments
Post a Comment