Adventures in Dog Walking; Was that a duck?

 


On Tuesday evening, while taking Bruno out for his usual stroll, we saw something a bit odd. 

While we were out walking, we spotted a woman trying to catch a duck that had two babies with her. Now, I don’t live in the countryside. Hornchurch is a suburb of London. The closest thing we usually get to wildlife around here, besides the urban foxes, is someone in the Tesco at the end of the street trying to leave without paying for their 30p carrier bag.

Naturally, my first instinct was to investigate further, because nothing spices up an evening dog walk like a mystery involving waterfowl. But I was also very aware that Bruno would almost certainly have made the entire situation worse. There are some dogs you’d trust in a delicate duck-related emergency. Bruno is not one of them.

I also didn’t take a photo because I always find that a bit weird. Imagine struggling to catch a duck and suddenly noticing some bloke documenting it like it’s a David Attenborough special.

So we just carried on walking, occasionally looking back and thinking, “Well… that was a bit weird.”

Comments

Popular Posts